Many people use moisturizer it doesn’t need to be cheaper or expensive but what we look for a moisturizer is that it’s good to our skin. The moisturizer has a different kind, types, and levels. We should look for the moisturizer that easiest to use, easy to follow and very effective.
Using moisturizer regularly will help our skin clear, very smooth, and will protect from wrinkles, aging and acne.
Moisturizer helps the skin to stay young and healthy. It minimizes the appearance of blemishes and dark spot. Dermatologist recommended moisturizer as part of our skincare routine for us to have a firm and smooth skin.
Our skin is affected in so many ways like health, environment, and food we take. So by using moisturizer, it helps our skin to be healthy and protected from damage.
Table of Contents
Know your Skin Types
First and foremost before we use moisturizer we must know what kind of skin we have. It’s very important to have some knowledge what kind of product we put on our face or in our skin. Using moisturizer in our daily life or routine is a key to having a healthy skin. The human skin is the body’s largest organ and which is need to a regular attention to stay young, blemish-free and healthy.
Moisturizer can reduce the possibility of developing a very dry or very oily skin.
Types of the skin:
- Dry skin. Dry skin needs to moisturize with a protective barrier and super-rich moisturizing cream. It can also use a product with serum. When exfoliating your skin you can use of enzymes product.
- Oily Skin. Oily skin can use a product with hyaluronic acid and also it helps to replenish the oiliness of your skin.
- Sensitive Skin. Sensitive skin needs to moisturize with a product that hydrate, protect, soothe, restore, balance and can be gentle to reduce irritation. A moisturizer product that is good and rich in vitamins, mineral, and antioxidant.
- Acne Skin. Acne skin can be used with a product that has antioxidant and Sulfur with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide or resorcinol. Sulfur remove dead skin.
- Aging And Wrinkles. Anti-aging skin product needs vitamin E, vitamin C and antioxidant. A product that is rich in collagen and elastin can decrease the amount of sagging and wrinkles.
Moisturizer Product Should Have:
- Antioxidants. When buying or using moisturizer product make sure it has antioxidants because it keeps our skin healthy and fresh. Antioxidants is a natural substance that may stop cell damage. It protects the body from many harmful molecules. Antioxidant also may include vitamin C and vitamin E.
The antioxidant has a strong substance that comes from the fresh fruits and vegetables we eat. The benefits of antioxidant are important to good health because it has free radicals that are left unchallenged, that can cause an extensive range of illness and chronic disease.
The antioxidant has many different benefits to every part of our body. For example beta-carotene it is beneficial to eye health, lycopene is beneficial to maintain prostate health, flavonoids are beneficial for heart health, and proanthocyanidins are beneficial for urinary tract health
- Emollient. Emollient is a non-cosmetics moisturizer. It helps to diminish the skin water loss. It protects the skin from dryness. It can also prevent eczema from flaring up and from irritation.
Emollient is used to soften the scale of the skin, which helps to lessen rough, flaky skin. Emollient has occlusive agents or substance that provide and protect the layer of the skin and give moisture the skin.
Emollient can help to restore moisture and keep the skin very smooth
- Humectant. It is also better if we find humectant product to the moisturizer we use because humectant is a substance that bond with water molecules to increase the water content in the skin itself. Humectant includes sugar(glucose, fructose, sucrose, honey), protein, amino acid, elastin, and collagen. The best moisturizer has a combination of emollient and humectant.
Humectant works by attracting moisture to the skin it penetrates the outer layer of the skin, attracts the water to it, and lock that moisture in. Humectant has hydroxy groups in the chemical structure which love water.
- Retinoids. Moisturizer product that has retinoids are also better for our skin. Because retinoids can reduce fine line and wrinkles It helps to boost collagen that helps skin to become smooth.
Retinoids are used in the treatment of many diverse diseases and inflammatory skin disorders like acne and photoaging.
Benefits using retinoid it keeps the skin clear, even out skin tone, repair sun damage, and prevent premature aging. Also, retinoid can help improve the appearance of wrinkles and stimulate collagen production in the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic acid is needed in moisturizer. It keeps the skin glowing and improve the texture and appearance of the skin. It helps to reduce wrinkles and dry skin.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid to our skin, it has the ability to replenish moisture that is crucial to having younger looking skin. It gives softer, smoother, and glowing skin.
Hyaluronic acid works to retain every aspect of the skin stable, safeguarded, and constantly renewed. It also has the stunning capacity to hold and attract a great amount of moisture.
Hyaluronic acid is phenomenally helpful for all skin types like oily, combination skin and dry skin. It also helps sensitive skin and also blemish-prone skin.
- Peptides. The moisturizer that has peptides can help to provide skin from aging. It has an amino acid that constructs many proteins and penetrates the upper layer of the skin. Peptides are series of amino acids that are building blocks of protein in the skin. One of the most important protein is collagen, it gives the skin its thickness and suppleness. When collagen breaks down in the skin, wrinkles can be formed. When peptides applied topically to the skin it sends a sign to collagen to prompt the formation of new collagen then it gives the appearance of greater youthful skin.
Peptides are best applied in serum or cream for a long period of time.
- Protein. When using moisturizer always find some protein in the ingredient of the product because protein is important to the skin it helps to repair cells from damage. It also helps to restore the skin cells and collagen. Protein plays a role in tissue repair and it is important to have protein in any moisturizer we used because it consists of amino acid residues joined by peptides bonds, that carry the elements carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, usually sulfur, and other biological compounds like enzymes, hormones, and antibodies.
- Sun protection. Sun protection product can help the skin from damage and irritation. Using a moisturizer with sunscreen ingredients can lower the dryness of the skin with SPF product. It can prevent the skin from sunburn and actinic keratosis. Actinic Keratosis is a small tiny patch of sun damaged skin with the pink, red, yellow or brownish tint. It’s glow in any area of the skin that exposes to the sun. It also increases the risk to become cancer skin.
When our skin is over exposed to the sun or ultraviolet light, photo-oxidative damage and influence the formation of different types of reactive species of oxygen, like singlet oxygen, superoxide radicals and peroxide radical. This damage can cause premature aging, photodermatoses, and skin cancer.
The particles in sunscreen give physical protection against UV rays by blocking or reflecting sunlight.
Moisturizer That Works for the Skin
Some people look for a moisturizer that cleanses and moisturize their skin. Some moisturizer product can particularly help to soften and protect the skin from any harm.
Moisturizer works for our skin and gives the best and beautiful result after we apply it. We know that moisturizer is very important to the skin it protects, help, provide, treat, and reduce all the skin types problems.
Moisturizer with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) is good for the skin and it is helpful to exfoliate the dead skin.
Moisturizer works the skin to become smooth. Especially when our skin is very dry, irritated or inflamed it can be solved with good moisturizer product with the right ingredient that is fitting for the skin types.
The skin has three different layers: the outer layer (epidermis), the middle layer (dermis), and the lower layer (hypodermis or fatty layer). Moisturizer is delivered to the skin via a blood vessel, they can only supply moisture to the middle layer of the skin or the dermis. After that, the water travels upward and outward through the epidermis before it will lose moisture from the atmosphere.
Moisturizer works to trap moisture in the skin and to keep it from escaping, or they restore moisture in the outer layer of the skin that’s already been lost.
Moisturizer is for all types of skin they have their different ingredients that are fit for every type of skin. It’s all beneficial to the skin because it’s moisture the skin.
Moisturizing your face will help to remain radiant looking and glowing skin. It benefits all problem of skin and helps the skin to protect from many bacteria that will cause damage or deep irritation.
It is important that we take care of our skin using moisturizer. It improves all types of skin into aging and wrinkles. It also treats all types of our skin problems.
Moisturizer is excellent to keep the skin hydrated and to replenish the natural layer of the barrier of the skin. It also keeps the appearance of the skin and moisturizes the glow of the skin.
Moisturizer can be used to prevent the skin from becoming too dry or too oily. It also benefits the skin if we regularly used moisturizer.
These are the benefits of moisturizer lotion to the skin:
- It re-hydrate very dried skin
- It replenish extra dry or rough spot on the skin
- It helps the skin to relax better
- It softens the roughest part of the skin.
- It makes the skin glow
- It helps the skin to stay young
- It reduces many skin problem
What is moisturizer?
Moisturizer is consisting of many different chemical agents specially designed to make an external layer of the skin softer and more healthy.
Moisturizer can prevent, treat, protect all types of the skin. It helps to improve skin tone and texture.
Moisturizer can be used to prevent normal skin from dryness or from oily. Moisturizer with light, not greasy water-based and moisturizer that contains cetyl alcohol or silicone-derived ingredients are used to prevent normal skin.
Moisturizer can treat skin dryness with the used of oil-based moisturizer that contains ingredients like antioxidants or dimethicone. For oily skin, it can be treated using a moisturizer with water-based and with noncomedogenic ingredients. Aging skin can be used a moisturizer with oil based that contain petrolatum based and with antioxidant or alpha hydroxy acids.
- Moisturizer with vitamin A and vitamin B5 increase firmness and build moisture levels.
- Moisturizer with antioxidant, vitamin C and vitamin E that help protect new skin and fight skin damage
- PABA free SPF 15 sunscreen help stop premature lines and wrinkles