We can slow down our skin from aging prematurely, but we can’t avoid aging. Every one of us should accept the reality that we do get older, and that is the reason why we should start considering our daily habits and diet.
Table of Contents
The main reason why people always use moisturizer is not just for them to maintain the smoothness of the skin, but it is for them to prevent their skin from aging prematurely. But first, we should first understand what premature aging means, its causes and its possible treatments.
What is Premature Aging
Premature as a word means occurring or done before the usual or proper time or in short too early than normal.
Then if we combine the word “premature” and “aging” we get Premature Aging it means that your skin is aging earlier than the usual or in an unnatural way. Common causes of premature aging are, such as over sun exposure, an unhealthy lifestyle or diet and mostly our negative habits.
Also, premature aging is when our skin becomes less elastic, the form of fine lines and the unnatural early signs of aging. Through this article, We will discuss the causes of premature aging, who is more likely to be affected, treatments and more.
What are Causes Premature Aging
Over exposure to sunlight
If you let your skin stay longer to sunlight, it will cause some skin condition and may lead to premature aging. Overexposure to sunlight or UVA rays can promote aging and damages the skin that could produce some fine lines of the face. It is not healthy for the skin to stay longer in the sun because it may cause some common skin disease that can possibly lead to skin cancer.
Lack of sleep
Lack of sleep is one of the most common reasons for premature aging. Sleeping irregularly can cause our skin to be dry and too pale, this is because the skin cannot produce collagen due to the fact the skin cannot relax and recover at a proper time. Without collagen, our skin can lose its elasticity, making our skin look old and wrinkly. By not getting enough sleep your skin can suffer a lot of damage because a lack of sleep can worsen your regular immune system, increases inflammation, and because of that your body cannot give the proper balance of moisture that your skin needs.
Excessive drinking of alcohol
Too much alcohol can also lead to premature aging. This is because drinking basically makes it impossible for your body to stay hydrated. Alchohol cause us to pee more but also block the production of the hormone called vanopressin. Vanopressin is a hormone that helps your body reabsorb water. So in short alcohol makes us pee more while also making it harder for our body to rehydrate itself that can affect our skin leading to acne, dry skin, fine lines, pores, and wrinkles. Too much alcohol can also lead our immune system to be very weak because drinking alcohol decreases our body’s vitamin A, which helps in cell renewal and turnover. So my here is a tip for everyone, it is okay to drink alcohol but take control of your drinking.
Smoking is a common habit that can cause damage to your skin and especially the body. It affects all the parts of the body and it is also the number one cause of lung cancer. Smoking can cause premature aging because it damages you body’s immune system that lessens the production of skin collagen. Smoking can change your skin appearance to become uneven in color, can trigger fine lines and wrinkles, and reduce the moisture of the skin. It gives the risk of developing our skin into cancer and increase the risk to have psoriasis.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is unexplained skin disorders. It appears especially at the knees, elbows, and scalp. You can also see it on the face, feet and on the hands. The common symptoms of psoriasis are small red spots, dry skin that is crack and bleeding, and itching, burning and soreness of the skin. We can see psoriasis in all ages it includes baby, teenager, and older people.
Too much stress
Sometimes we did not recognize that we entertained stress in our life. Having too much stress is not good for the skin and for the body. If you are over stress there are many circumstances that our body system can encounter like it can affect your nervous system, it can increase your skin condition, it can give you a sleep problem, it can give you a memory and thinking problem, and can give you depression and anxiety
The unhealthy food we take is not good for the body and for the skin. The food we take is not helpful if it is a lack of vitamins and mineral. It will cause as many problems, especially in our health. Lack of unhealthy food we eat can promote skin disorder like wrinkles, acne, dry skin, and can lead to aging. Poor diet can cause our weight to gain more or even can lead us to any disease. It can also feel as weak easily if we take unhealthy food.
How to Reduce Premature Aging
Always wash your face twice a day
Washing and cleaning your face every day can help to reduce premature skin aging. It is the best advice that many of us do to have a clean face and to reduce our skin from aging. Having a clean skin would help our face to maintain the softness and freshness of it. It also reduces the amount of oily skin and lessens the risk to have a dry skin. Always wash our face to minimized dirt in our skin and to avoid damage that causes of harmful bacteria that came out when we are doing the outdoors activity.
Always use sunscreen to protect your skin from sunlight
Using sunscreen will help your skin to minimize premature aging. Avoid your face to overexposure to sunlight or UVA rays so that it will lessen the chance to have fine lines and wrinkles that can lead to premature aging. When going outside make sure to use sunscreen with SPF to protect your skin from sunlight and also make sure to wear shade and other things that can cover your skin to heavy sunlight that can damage your skin.
Use moisturizer especially on face
Most of us use moisturizer to our skin to protect our skin and to have a smooth and younger looking. However, using moisturizer is not just applying it to our skin but we must understand the right way of using moisturizer. There are many kind and specification of moisturizer that can damage your skin if you take it or use it in a wrong way. Applying moisturizer to your skin is good but make sure to apply the right moisturizer that is good for your skin type. It is better if you know your skin type before you put moisturizer on your skin. Moisturizer is good and helpful to your skin if you use it in a proper direction and on the right skin types. It is also better that you use anti-aging creams when you get older to lessen the fine lines of the skin and help the skin to look young.
Proper diet and healthy food
Eating healthy food with proper diet can help our skin to look young and minimize the chance of having wrinkles that can lead to premature aging. Fresh fruits and vegetables can prevent your skin from damage and it is good for the body to stay healthy and strong.
Avoid smoking or better yet do not smoke
We all know that smoking is not good for the health it means it also not good for the skin so all we need to do is avoid smoking for us to have a healthy body and to be far from risk to have cancer. Not smoking can help to reduce premature aging. It can also prevent your skin from skin disease and from other skin condition like having an oily skin, dry skin, and acne skin.
Drink 8 glass of water and exercise regularly
Drinking water can hydrate your skin and can give you a glowing skin. Because water can wash away all the toxin in our body and can minimize skin problem like dry skin. It gives moisture to the skin and helps our body to maintain the blood vessel flow regularly. It also helps your skin to stay the softness and have a good appearance. Drinking enough of water can help improve your metabolism and can help to minimize the process of aging.
Most women are most likely to suffer for prmature skin aging than man. It is most noticeable to women when they get at the age of 40. This is because hormonal aging that is accelerated by menopause make our skin lose its elasticity faster.
Ways to prevent premature aging
- Most women put some makeup and that is the number one reason why our skin becomes irritated that lead to aging. So make sure to clean your face before you sleep so that the skin can relax and look fresh while we sleep. It is the best way to prevent our skin from premature aging. It can also help our face to lessen some wrinkles that will come along the way when we get older. Having a clean and refresh skin will help us to look young and to have a healthy skin.
- Have a healthy living and a positive outlook on life can help minimize your skin from aging. Having enough of sleep can also lessen your stress. Having enough sleep can prevent your skin from premature aging. Because enough sleep can help your skin to have a healthy and glowing skin. Healthy living and enough sleep can give you a better look in all you do. It shows how you take care of your body when your skin is healthy and smooth. It also lessens the increase to have fine lines and wrinkles when we have a healthy life and healthy living.
- Have a better rest and have a healthy food you take can lessen your skin from faster aging. Eating healthy and diet food can give a healthy and strong body. If you have a better rest your skin can benefits because it means that enough rest can lessen the stress that can cause aging. So it is important that having enough rest give your skin a fresh looking and eating a healthy food can give your skin soft and radiant skin.
- One of the importance that we need to use if you want to prevent your skin from premature aging is to use moisturizer every day. It is very useful and beneficial to your skin because using moisturizer can keep your skin moisturize it help your skin to stay soft and to reduce the dryness of the skin.
- Exfoliation can also help to prevent premature aging. Because exfoliation can remove all the dead skin cell of the skin. There are many kinds of exfoliation and it is defended on what type of your skin and what kind of exfoliation you want to treat your skin. For example, if your skin is oily you can use a facial scrub or glycolic pad and exfoliation brush. If you have a normal skin you can use a mild facial scrub or glycolic mask. For sensitive skin you can use gentle facial cleaner then you can also use a washcloth. For the body, you can use exfoliating gloves or scrub and natural bristles brush. Exfoliation can also increase the blood circulation that can help your skin to have a healthy and smooth skin. You can exfoliate your skin twice a week to maintain fresh young looking good.