To have a skin free from clogged is everyone’s want and most of us find some ways how to manage our skin from clogging. Because we know that having a clogged pores is due to the unhealthy skin we have.
Table of Contents
Having a clogged pores to our skin won’t be easy to manage. Once we treat them in a wrong way it may cause our skin to be too dry or too oily.
And, if we just ignore the clogged pores in our skin, it can lead to skin conditions that I believe we are trying to avoid. It will form blackheads, whiteheads, acne and it can also lead to premature aging.
That is why it is very important to know how to prevent pores from clogging in order to keep our skin healthy and free from the conditions triggered by clogged pores.
What are Clogged Pores?
Pores can always be seen on your face especially around the nose and forehead. It is actually the tiny dots of openings that we could see on our skin. And one thing to understand is underneath our skin is something called sebaceous glands, this gland excreted an oil called Sebum from your body then secreted through the pores of our skin.
The sebum acts like a glue that clings and expels the dead skin cells from our skin keeping it healthy. But, sometimes in the process of expelling these dead skin cells, a build-up can occur and your pores will clog. The gland will continue in producing oil with no way to actually release the excess. Then the result will be an infection called a pimple. Even though we already understand why we have clogged pores we still need to consider the reasons why it happen, and mostly it is the outside factors that are the reasons why it irritates our skin causing the clogged pores on the face.
Most Common Causes of Clogged Pores
In order to prevent our skin from clogging, we must first know what are the common causes of our clogged pores. Below are some of the common reasons why.
- Dead and dry skin cells
- Dehydrated skin
- Filth and dirt
- Extreme oil production by your skin
- Genetics. Having a clogged pores in our family blood will also have the chance for us to inherit it.
- Most pregnant women that encounter hormonal change
- Harmful bacteria
- Some allergic reaction
- Inappropriate using of many products in our face
- When we get older our skin collagen and elastin may break down
How to Prevent Clogged Pores?
- Always clean your face before and after using makeup.
- Exfoliate is also effective to prevent clogged pores.
- Use moisturizer to the skin to prevent it from clogging
- Washing your face and using toners will help to prevent skin from clogged pores
- Always stay hydrated so that the skin becomes healthy and it can prevent it from clogging
- Proper deep cleansing will help the skin to remove dead skin cell and prevent it from clogging
- Using natural oil ingredients like tea tree oil can prevent skin from clogged pores because it has a natural ingredient that helps minimizes the number of pores size.
- Use alpha-hydroxy acid can prevent skin from clogged pores because it helps to tighten the skin.
- Using sunscreen to prevent skin from clogging. It is also better if we avoid our skin to overexposure to sunlight
- Avoid cleaning your face too much. When we wash or clean our face limit it to prevent skin from clogging because too much washing your face can lead to clogging skin
- When cleaning our face use only mild cleanser and lukewarm water to remove some oil and dirt from the skin
- Use noncomedogenic and non-acnegenic product to avoid excess oil in the skin
- Using salicylic acid can also help to prevent skin from clogging
- Eating healthy food and exercise daily is the best way to have a healthy skin and a healthy body.
How to Get Rid of Clogged Pores?
Sugar is best to use as an exfoliating agent. Sugar can help to get rid some tissue and can unclog skin pores. Best way to use this by mixing it with lemon juice and some water until it became a paste. Apply it to the face and softly massage it for 5 to 10 minutes. Use this to exfoliate the skin and wash it with warm water. It is good to prevent the skin from clogging.
Some way to get rid of the clogged pore is using steaming the face because it cleans all the impurities of the skin and washes away all the dead skin cell.
Put a hot water in a bowl and place a towel over your head to cover the hot water. Put your face in front of the bowl and allow your face to soak into the hot water for 15 minutes. After that pat, it dry with your face towel. Steaming your face at least twice a week to unclog pores and to clean the skin.
Using facial masks like clay or peeling is also good for our skin and can get rid of clogged pores. They can help to unblock the pores for clogging because of a facial mask can clean all the dead skin cell of the skin. They can remove and wash away all the dirt from the skin that can cause clogged pores. A facial mask can also reduce the amount of excess oil in the skin and can help to improve the appearance of the skin tone.
Reasons why we should apply facial mask in our face:
- It is best for deep cleansing. Deep cleansing can help your skin to wash away all the dirt, makeup, and all the excess oil in your face. Make sure to use a good facial mask on our face so that it will not irritate your skin and it will not cause damage skin. A facial mask is good for deeper cleansing because it helps to improve the appearance of your pores and help to unclog it.
- It is good to unclog pores. A facial mask is good to unclog pores because using clay as face mask can eliminate all the dirt off our face and it can absorb the amount of unwanted oil in your skin. Using facial mask can also minimize the number of bacteria that can develop into our skin that can cause clogged pores. It is also advisable if we use facial mask regularly to unclog pores because it helps to keep your skin clean and healthy.
- It is good for relaxation. Using Facial mask is not only good or the skin but it also good for relaxation because of the aromatic essential oils that we use in the face mask. It helps to relax the body and the mind of everyone that uses a facial mask in a longer period with the help of hot bath, some massage and some essential oil that they put in a mask. It is the best time if we use this as twice a week to relax your body and to have a good looking skin.
- It gives glowing skin. Using facial mask can also help to have a glowing skin because it stimulates the blood circulation regularly. Using face mask you can see the result and improvement of your skin Your skin tone become more radiant and glow beautifully. You feel more refresh and your skin more smooth.
Natural Ways to Eliminate Clogged Pores
Egg white contains carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Egg white has the ability to minimize the size of your pores and help your skin away from impurities. Also egg white has a skin toning properties that can unclog pores.
Use egg white as the facial mask. Apply it to the face and gently massage it until it becomes dry. Leave it at least 20 minutes and wash it with warm water. Pat it dry with your face towel.
Papaya contains beta-carotene, vitamin A, vitamin C, papain, potassium, and alpha hydroxy acids. Papaya promotes collagen and skin elasticity. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties that treat skin condition like acne, eczema, and rosacea. It is also good for exfoliation because it helps to lighten skin tone and can unclog pores. Papaya also hydrates and moisturize skin.
Using papaya as the facial mask is better to lighten skin appearance but it is not good for those skin who have a sensitive type because of the enzymes that papaya has an alpha hydroxy acid that can irritate sensitive skin.
Apply papaya as a facial mask to the face and gently massage it. Leave it at least 20 to 30 minutes to have a better result use this twice a week. Wash it after 20 to 30 minutes with warm water and pat it dry with your face towel.
Lemon juice contains a high amount of vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acid that can wash away dull skin cell. It is also good to unclog pores because it eliminates the dirt and oil in the skin. Using lemon juice as home remedies can help improve skin appearance to become flawless and fair skin.
Lemon juice can also help to heal acne and eliminate blackheads because lemon juice has antibacterial and has an antifungal property. Lemon juice can also help to lighten dark spots and blemishes. It has many benefits in our skin like it can get rid of oily skin, treat acne, and can clean our body and face.
Apply lemon juice with the use of cotton balls in some areas that have clogged pores. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it with warm water. Pat it dry with your face towel.
You can also use lemon juice as a facial scrub by mixing it with honey. Apply mix honey and lemon juice to the face and massage it gently. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it with warm water. You can use this procedure twice a week for a better result.
Honey contains protein, enzymes, vitamins, nutrients, and mineral. Raw honey is also rich in antioxidants that can unclog pores. It also has antibacterial to treat acne and help prevent aging because of the antioxidant properties. Honey also helps to moisturize skin and good for soothing skin.
Honey also good for a facial mask and good for exfoliation. Honey is good to prevent clogged pores and reduce the increase of oil in the skin.
Apply honey as a facial mask in some area of the skin that affected. Massage it gently and leave it at least 20 minutes. Wash it with warm water and pat it dry with the face towel.
Now that we know the reasons and causes of our common skin problem and how to prevent it. It is time to maintain and keep our skin clean.
Remember, before you start any skincare regimen, you should understand what regimen is right for your skin type and lifestyle.