People want their face to look smooth and soft but sometimes pimples appear to our face and we get conscious and irritated. What we want to know is, what are the causes and how to treat pimples.
Table of Contents
What is Pimples?
Pimples is a small spot on the face they develop when sebaceous glands (oil glands) become clogged and infected. A pimple may see in the face, neck, chest, and shoulders due to the lack of sebaceous glands of the skin.
Pimple increase when lots of oils trapped in the pores of the skin. A pimple may also sign of acne. If we don’t clean our face many bacteria would come in and skin cell may form much dead skin cell that’s why a pimple may appear. Pimples can be formed in so many ways we all need to know if what kind of pimples do we have so that we can apply the right product on it or we can treat them in a right way.
Factors that Causes Pimples
- Over clean. Washing your face more than three times can dry your skin and the sebaceous glands will produce more oil. That’s the time pimples may appear.
- If you already have pimples. Avoid touching your pimples, and popping it, because it will lead your pimples into more pimples because the bacteria that came to your finger will transfer to your skin especially when your hands are dirty and not clean.
- Using too many products can lead your skin from irritation and may cause the many pimples arises. Pimples will stay longer using a different product and it can’t occur them better if we just use or apply the product that is not to your skin.
- Pimples may appear during puberty, adolescence, and during women menstruation. A lot of women have it during menstruation because of hormonal change.
- Stress and anxiety can lead more pimples, because of the increase of levels of adrenaline and cortisol. Many of us who suffer from anxiety can have a pimple in our face.
- Don’t go to sleep with makeup, it will trigger pimples and will increase the level of pimples because the skin is not clean before going to sleep.
- Don’t let your skin over exposed to sunlight it will produce more sebum and may cause too many pimples on some area that are affected by sun exposure.
Types of Pimples
- Papules are like a pink or red dome shape. This kind of pimples is very sensitive to touch.
- Pustules. Pustules are like white head with red spot around all area. It develops black spot if you squeeze this kind of pimples and cannot treat easily if the dark spot become deeper.
- Nodules and cystic acne. Nodules are large inflamed bumps. This kind of pimples is very painful and can be treated by the dermatologist.
- Blackheads. Blackheads are comedones that can access all bacteria in the surface of the skin. It filled with so much amount of oil and dead skin.
- Whiteheads. Whiteheads are comedones that stay close to the surface of the skin.
- Comedones. Comedones are clogged hair follicle in the skin. That can create or may be formed as whiteheads or blackheads.
- Acne Mechanica. Acne Mechanica can cause by heat, friction against the skin. It mostly appears to those people who wear gear such as the helmet or baseball caps because the skin becomes irritated and pimples may appear.
How to Treat Pimples:
1. Washing And Exfoliating.
Washing is the basic routine of helping the skin to become healthy and to treat the skin condition. It also helps to avoid irritation of the whiteheads and blackheads that can promote infected skin and increase more pimples.
Exfoliating is great to remove dead skin cell. It avoids clogging of pores and provides skin to lessen the pimples and protect the skin from impurities.
2. Use Noncomedogenic Moisturizer
Noncomedogenic moisturizer is very important to hydrate the skin and prevent it from dryness. Using a gentle moisturizer can lessen the pimples. Be careful on applying moisturizer to infected pimples, wash your hands before putting any product on your face.
Noncomedogenic moisturizer will not cause breakouts of the skin.
3. Use Medication
Using medication like Benzoyl, Salicylic acid, Sulfur, Retin A, and Azelaic acid is good to treat pimples.
- Benzoyl peroxide. It kills bacteria and takes away all the excess oil and dead skin.
- Salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is used to remove some pores and kill all bacteria that can provoke pimples.
- Sulfur. Sulfur can be a big help to break down whiteheads and blackheads.
- Retin A. Contain vitamin A it helps to exfoliate the skin and unblock clogged pores.
- Azelaic acid. It minimizes the appearance of pimples. It also prevents the extra amount of oil in the skin and inflammation of the skin.
4. Professional and Dermatologist Treatment
- Laser therapy. It helps to penetrate deep pimples and oil grand that produce too much sebum, that lead to pimples. It is a nonsurgical treatment that can treat many skin condition and it is good for the people who wants their skin to be firm and smooth because it has no bad effects on the skin.
- Light therapy. It lowers inflammation and improves skin texture. It also kills all the bacteria on the surface of the skin that causes pimples.
- Chemical peels. Burns the surface of the skin to peel away the dead skin. It helps to take away some of the scars and pimples. A chemical peel is great for the skin because it enhances the outlook of the face, neck and even in the hands. Most women prepare to use this chemical peel because it is the easiest way of treatment because it is not painful treatment like other medical treatment. And the result is generally good to the skin. A chemical peel can treat some skin condition like acne scars, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, pimples and aging skin.
- Microdermabrasion. It uses to exfoliate the top layer of the skin and reveal the smooth and new skin. Microdermabrasion is a nonchemical procedure. Also, microdermabrasion is good to treat acne, rosacea, pigmentation, skin texture and can also treat pimples.
5. Use Home Remedies.
- Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil is best natural treatments because it has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. The benefits of tea tree oil are it can heal acne. bacterial infections, dry cuticles, insect bites and much more. Tea tree oil can use in many ways and it can also treat falling hair, acne skin and even pimples. Tea tree oil is not applicable for sensitive skin. Apply tea tree oil in the affected area or pimples with the use of the cotton ball. Leave 20 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Honey. Honey has antibacterial, antiseptic and hydrating ingredients that can fight pimples and also good to other skin condition. Honey is great and applicable to those who have skin aging, pimples, oily skin, and acne skin. Honey can also good to exfoliate skin. It also beneficial for all skin types to treat, remove and reduce some skin condition. Honey is great to heal some wounds in our skin. It also heals to nourishes our biggest organ because raw honey is very rich in mineral, antioxidant and vitamins.Apply honey on the face leave at least 15 to 20 minute then wash with warm water.
- Aloe Vera. Using aloe vera on pimples area can minimize many amounts of pimples. Aloe vera has many benefits like it is good as a moisturizer, it is good to lessen sunburn, it can treat acne skin, it minimizes and fights aging skin, and it is very good to our health. Aloe vera is great to our skin and it is useful to our skin problems but it also better and useful to our hair loss. Rub aloe vera leaves on the pimples area and massage it to the skin. Wash it after 20 minutes with warm water.
- Tomato. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. Tomato has many benefits to our skin like it is good as astringent, it lessens the amount of oily skin, it minimizes acne skin, and it takes away all the blackheads of the face. Also, a tomato is great to have a fair and glowing skin. Tomato juice can apply on the surface of the pimples area. It helps to improve the skin cell. Apply cut tomato on the pimple and rub it to the affected area.
- Lemon juice. Lemon is rich in vitamin C with citric acid that helps to exfoliate and take away pimples. Lemon juice has a bleaching ingredient that minimizes some red spot of the pimples. Lemon juice has many benefits to our skin like it brighten skin tone, it is good to exfoliate skin, it also great as a moisturizer, it can lessen the unwanted hair in our underarm, it can take away blackheads, and it can also good as a face wash. Apply lemon juice on the pimples area and wash it 10 minutes with warm water.
- Ice cube. Using ice cubes can lessen inflammation and skin from redness. It improves the appearance of the pimples. Ice cubes can also enhance to brighten our skin texture. Put inside an ice cube in the towel and rub it to the pimples for 3 minutes.
- Garlic Cloves. Using garlic cloves can avoid skin breakouts. Garlic has many benefits to our skin and to our body. The benefits of garlic to our body it reduces the risk from having a high blood pressure, it gives more nutrients and very low calories to our body, and it protects us from any health disease and condition. It also helps to get rid of pimples. Cut a garlic clove and rub it on the pimples leave it for 5 minutes. Wash it with warm water.
- Cucumber. Cucumber is rich in potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It helps to eliminate pimples fast and in a natural way. Cucumber has many benefits to our skin like it lessen some freckles that may arise, it also helps our skin texture to become brighter, it takes away all the dark spot of the skin, and minimize the amount of dark spot under eyes. Apply cut cucumber at least 30 to 60 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Papaya. Papaya is good for the skin. It helps to tighten, soften, and helps the skin to irritation. Papaya contains protein, known as Papain. And it is beneficial to our skin and body. Apply papaya paste over the pimple area leave it at least 15 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Egg white. Egg white helps to remove pimples naturally. Apply egg white on the face wash it until 20 minutes with warm water.