People want their face to look smooth and soft but sometimes pimples appear to our face and we get conscious and irritated. What we want to know is, what are the causes and how to treat pimples.
Table of Contents
What is Pimples?
Pimples is a small spot on the face they develop when sebaceous glands (oil glands) become clogged and infected. A pimple appears in the face, neck, chest, and shoulders due to the lack of sebaceous glands of the skin.
Pimple increase when many oils trapped in the pores of the skin. A pimple may also sign of acne.
Factors that Causes Pimples
- Over clean. Washing your face more than two times can dry your skin and the sebaceous glands will produce more oil. That’s the time pimples may appear.
- If you already have pimples. Avoid touching your pimples, and popping it, because it will lead your pimples into more pimples because the bacteria that came to your finger will transfer to your skin.
- Using too many products can lead your skin from irritation and may cause the production of pimples. Pimples will stay longer using different product.
- Pimples may appear during puberty, adolescence, and during women menstruation.
- Stress and anxiety may also cause of pimples, because of the increase of levels of adrenaline and cortisol.
- Don’t go to sleep with makeup, it will trigger pimples and will increase the level of pimples.
- Don’t let your skin over exposed to sunlight it will produce more sebum and may cause too much pimples on some area that are affected by sun exposure.
Types of Pimples
- Papules are like a pink or red dome shape. This kind of pimples is sensitive to touch.
- Pustules. Pustules are like white head with red spot around the area. It develops black spot if you squeeze this kind of pimples.
- Nodules and cystic acne. Nodules are large inflamed bumps. This kind of pimples is very painful and can be treated by the dermatologist.
- Blackheads. Blackheads are comedones that are an open surface of the skin. It filled with excess oil and dead skin.
- Whiteheads. Whiteheads are comedones that stay close to the surface of the skin.
- Comedones. Comedones are clogged hair follicle in the skin. It may be formed as whiteheads or blackheads.
- Acne mechanica. Acne mechanica can cause by heat, friction against the skin. It mostly appears to those people who wear gear such as the helmet or baseball caps.
How to Treat Pimples:
1. Washing And Exfoliating.
Washing is the basic routine of helping the skin to become healthy. It also helps to avoid irritation of the whiteheads and blackheads that cause infected skin and increase of pimples.
Exfoliating can help to remove dead skin cell. It avoids clogging of pores and provides skin to lessen the pimples and protect the skin from impurities.
2. Use Noncomedogenic Moisturizer
Noncomedogenic moisturizer is important to hydrate the skin and prevent it from dryness. Use the light moisturizer to lessen the pimples. Be careful on applying moisturizer to infected pimples, wash your hands before putting any product on your face.
Noncomedogenic moisturizer will not cause breakouts of the skin.
3. Use Medication
Using medication like Benzoyl, Salicylic acid, Sulfur, Retin A, and Azelaic acid
- Benzoyl peroxide. It kills bacteria and get rid of excess oil and dead skin.
- Salicylic acid. Use to unplug pores and kill bacteria that cause pimples.
- Sulfur. Help to break down whiteheads and blackheads.
- Retin A. Contain vitamin A, and help to exfoliate the skin and unblock clogged pores.
- Azelaic acid. It minimize the appearance of pimples. It also prevent the excess oil and inflammation of the skin.
4. Professional and Dermatologist Treatment
- Laser therapy. It helps to penetrate deep pimples and oil grand that produce too much sedum, that lead to pimples.
- Light therapy. It reduces inflammation and improves skin texture. It also kills the bacteria on the surface of the skin that causes pimples.
- Chemical peels. Burns the surface of the skin to peel away the dead skin. It helps to get rid of the scars and pimples.
- Microdermabrasion. It uses to exfoliate the top layer of the skin and reveal the smooth and new skin.
5. Use Home Remedies.
- Tea Tree Oil. Are best natural treatments, it has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. Tea tree oil is not good for sensitive skin. Apply tea tree oil in the affected area or pimples with the use of the cotton ball. Leave 20 minute and wash it with warm water.
- Honey. Honey has antibacterial, antiseptic and hydrating ingredients that fight pimples. Apply honey on the face leave at least 15 to 20 minute then wash with warm water.
- Aloe Vera. Using aloe vera on pimples area can reduce the excess of pimples. Rub aloe vera leaves on the pimples area and massage it to the skin. Wash it after 20 minutes with warm water.
- Tomato. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. Tomato juice can apply on the surface of the pimples area. It helps to improve the skin cell. Apply cut tomato on the pimple and rub it to the effected area.
- Lemon juice. Lemon is rich in vitamin C with citric acid that helps to exfoliate and dry out pimples. Lemon juice has a bleaching agent that reduce redness of the pimples. Apply lemon juice on the pimples area and wash it 10 minutes with warm water.
- Ice cube. Using ice cubes can reduce inflammation and redness of the skin. It improves the appearance of the pimples. Wrap an ice cube in the towel and rub it to the pimples for 3 minutes.
- Garlic Cloves. Using garlic cloves can avoid skin breakouts. It also helps to get rid of pimples. Cut a garlic clove and rub it on the pimples leave it for 5 minutes. Wash it with warm water.
- Cucumber. Cucumber is rich in potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It helps to eliminate pimples naturally. Apply cut cucumber at least 30 to 60 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Papaya. Papaya is good for the skin. It helps to tighten, soften, and helps the skin to irritation. Papaya contains protein, known as Papain. Apply papaya paste over the pimple area leave it at least 15 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Egg white. Egg white helps to remove pimples naturally. Apply egg white on the face wash it until 20 minutes with warm water.