Oily skin is one of the problems of many people to their face it gives so much oil to skin that produces irritation. Using moisturizer will help and prevent the skin from irritation.
Having an oily skin is not good, you feel like uncomfortable about what you look. You always need to use a moisturizer or find a moisturizer or serums with the light ingredients of non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic or oil-free. Less oily skin on your face, less uncomfortable feeling. Using moisturizer product every day can benefit your skin from blackheads, pimples, and oiliness of the skin. Using moisturizer will help the skin from damage. Also if we have oily skin we need a lot of effort and time to keep it clean and to prevent it from oiliness.
Non-comedogenic is a moisturizer product that is good to use if you have oily or acne prone of skin.
Non-acnegenic is a moisturizer product that helps to lessen oily skin and it has the ingredient that cannot clog pores and can less pimples and acne.
Table of Contents
- What is Oily Skin
- What are the Causes of Oily Skin
- How to Avoid Skin from Oiliness
- Benefits of using moisturizer to oily skin
- How to Prevent Oily Skin
- Natural Home Remedies for Oily Skin
What is Oily Skin
Oily skin is a large amount of oil on the face. Oily skin is like a shiny and full of oil in all areas of the face. You can start seeing it in a thick and it also has a very large pores.
Oily skin can be genetically received or it can because during adolescents. The high amount of androgen level is the hormones cause of oily skin. Oily skin has a disposition to influence dead skin cell and easy to clogged than normal dry skin.
What are the Causes of Oily Skin
Too Much Stress
Stress can cause oily skin because if the person is stressed the body generate more androgen hormones, in which the body increases a lot of oil in the skin. When you feel nervous or anxious your hormones will release more amount of oil to your skin.
If your family have oily skin like your great-grandmother, chances are that you too will genetically inherit the type of the skin that your family has. It includes sebaceous glands that create more oil and cause oily skin.
If you take some medicine like birth control pills it will cause oily skin especially if your skin is not compatible with the medicine you take. Also, hormone replacement medication can cause the skin to become oily. Some medication that we take it or we apply it to the body can cause oily skin if we don’t follow the right way to use it.
Seasonal change like spring and summer can affect the body rhythm and can cause more quantity of oil in the skin. However, when winter comes the skin can be dehydrated and can produce too much oil or too much dry of the skin because of the condition of the weather changes.
Hormonal change for women is not easy, they can have an oily skin because of the change of their hormones. Like pregnant women, they undergo in having a child that’s why their hormones may increase and the estrogen and progesterone may release more amount of oil in the skin. Also, all women may encounter menopausal stage and they face a difficult stage of being women and the risk to have an oily skin.
Excessive use of Skin Product
Too much use of moisturizer will damage our skin and can become too oily or too dry. Using different product of moisturizer to your face especially applying it every now and then, when we feel it needed is not healthy for the skin. They always give you a negative side effect that will cause oiliness and other skin condition if we continue doing it without proper knowledge.
How to Avoid Skin from Oiliness
- First wash your skin twice a day so that all the excess oil in the skin may wash away. Use the right soap that is light in ingredients so that the oily skin will not continue to increase and use a gentle scrub that will help to clean and give a fresh looking to your skin.
- For those who want to reduce their oily skin fast and simple, they can use blotting paper and may bring medical pads for oily skin for day-to-day use.
- You can also use or apply toner on your face to clean the whole area and tighten your pores to eliminate excess oil.
- Using astringent is also good for oily skin because it can lessen the amount of oil in the skin.
- Using special cleaning facial mask is important to an oily skin because the increase of oil in the skin will lessen and the amount of excess oil that produce every day will remove. A special facial mask can clean the skin more than an ordinary facial mask, it washes away all the dirt that our skin have encounter when going outside.
- When using moisturizer see to it that the ingredients have an oil-free level, even if it’s gel or a facial powder because oil-free can protect your skin from clogging of pores and even lessen your oily skin.
- Exfoliation can help manage the increase in oil production in the skin, using granular substance can helps the appearance of the skin texture. Exfoliation with a product like beta-hydroxy or alpha-hydroxy acid as a salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and lactic acid is more useful for the oily skin.
- When using moisturizer make sure that the product is right for your skin type and it can improve and manage your skin problem.
Benefits of using moisturizer to oily skin
Using moisturizer can help oily skin to stop the increase of oil that release to the skin, it improves the skin to become very smooth and manage to have a soft skin, also moisturizer can help improve skin hydration because of the ingredients that moisturizer have. There is moisturizer product only for oily skin use, that have the ingredients are very light and very fast absorbing and they don’t leave your skin feeling very oily and very sticky. Moisturizer helps to maintain the skin texture by using it every day and help sustain the skin to become healthy. Having a clear skin and youthful-looking skin is the result of using moisturizer every day. It minimizes the size. texture, and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles of oily skin. Having a healthy skin is important to our daily need it is designed to deliver the very best to our skin and maintaining it will help us to feel more confident about we look.
How to Prevent Oily Skin
1. Eat healthy food that is rich in antioxidant antioxidant
It not just eating food but on what is the best food we need to take for us to have a healthy skin and body. Healthy food that is rich in antioxidant will benefits our body to improve our skin appearance and also to have a physically fit figure. Food with an antioxidant like:
- Whole Grain
This kind of food will truly help us to maintain the energy of our body and to have a good skin also. The food we should not take is the food that is greasy food which can provide more oil to the skin. Unhealthy food like high in fat is not good for our health this includes butter, beef, and fried food. Some healthy food fats can be found in nuts, seeds, avocados, and fish. Eating this healthy food with the right diet can maintain our body physically fit and far away from the risk of any skin disease.
2. Eat food that is rich in omega-3 fatty acid
Eating food that is rich in Omega-3 fatty acid is the main reason for us to have a healthy skin. It is important to the body because it gives nutrients and health benefits to our skin.
Here re some benefits of Omega-3 fatty acid to our skin and body.
- Food with Omega-3 fatty acid can lessen depression and anxiety. If we also eat food that is rich in omega-3 it will help to avoid our skin from increasing the oil in our skin. Omega-3 fatty acid is great for our body because it minimizes our stress that causes sadness and a great depression. Omega-3 fatty acid has three types: ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These three types of omega-3 are good to help those people who face struggle and depression.
- Omega-3 fatty acid is beneficial to have better and healthy eyes. Omega-3 fatty acid can help stop macular degeneration which can lead to vision impairment and blindness.
- Omega-3 fatty acid is beneficial to pregnant women because it helps to develop the brain and the health of the child into their womb.
- Omega-3 fatty acid is good for our health because it reduces the risk of having a heart disease. It also avoid us to have a high blood pressure, blood clots and inflammation.
- It also keeps us away from symptoms of ADHD in children. ADHA is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. ADHD is a behavior disorder of kids that distraction order, hyperactivity and impulsive.
- Omega-3 fatty acid can minimize the sign of metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome is a condition of a person like obesity, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, and high triglycerides.
- Omega-3 can avoid inflammation. Because the long period of inflammation can damage the balance of the production of the cell in the body.
- Omega-3 can help our body to stay healthy and can eliminate the risk to cancer like colon cancer, prostate cancer, and breast cancer.
- Have enough and good sleep is good for our health. It can benefit our body to relax , our mind and soul to rest in a long period of time. Omega-3 fatty acid can give us the energy to have a good night sleep and the quality of being sleep.
- Omega-3 is good for our skin because our skin is protected from sun damage if we have omega-3 fatty acid in our body. It also controls the oil production and hydration of our skin. Omega-3 can keep our skin away from acne condition and premature aging.
3. Exercise regularly
Eating healthy food is good for the health but it is better if we put some exercise in our daily routine. Exercise regularly can help our skin to control the production of more oil in the skin. It also helps to maintain our body physically fit. Regular exercise can control stress, and we all know that stress can’t help us to have a healthy skin but it will cause more oil in our skin.
4. Don’t stress yourself too much
If we let stress attack in our system that’s the time we cannot think positive and do the right thing for our self. Our body will suffer from pressure or tension that can trigger the increase of androgens. More androgen in our body will cause oil production. It also suffers the collagen of the skin and improves the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Some meditation, spiritual concentration, deep breathing, relaxation, and quiet alone time can destroy stress.
5. Have enough sleep
Sleeping in regular sleeping hours is important for our body. It can benefit all parts of our body. Having enough sleep can fix itself the damage that our skin has. Like our skin appearance, the growth of the hormones and the skin cell. All of this will repair our skin if we have enough sleep because our skin can have time to relax and time to fix all necessary substance that is needed to be recover. When we have enough sleep are skin can be smooth and it could also look fresh and young.
If we always sleep in the middle of the night and wake up early in the morning our skin will suffer from many skin condition. Because not getting enough sleep can improve inflammatory that can lead to acne breakouts, oil production and multiple breakdowns of collagen and hyaluronic acid.
People who have a poor sleep can have the immune-related skin problem worse. It includes the increase in the amount of the skin aging.
6. Drink plenty of water.
Always drink enough water and don’t ignore the 8 glass of water every day Because drinking water is the most important thing we should do first in our daily routine. Why? Because water can lead us not to dehydrate and can help our skin from the risk of damage. It also maintains the hydration of the body to become healthy and smooth. Stay hydrated can keeps the oil in the skin at a healthier level. Drink lemon water can keep your skin rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
Less water in the body can cause wrinkles, dull skin and pores. It also causes breakouts and dehydration that increase the oil glands of the skin.
7. Do not use makeup that’s not good to oily skin
When using makeup make sure that it’s for oil-free types and not for other skin types. It will increase your oily skin and it also damages your skin.The water-based product is good for oily skin.
8. Avoid your skin to stay longer to sunlight
Use sunscreen with SPF 15 to avoid oily skin and irritation and to protect the skin from sun exposure. Overexpose to sunlight may cause skin cancer and increase oily skin.
Oily skin is more resistant to the sun than other skin types, but it doesn’t mean that we should over expose our skin to the sun. It will clog pores that can cause blackheads and breakouts of the skin if the oil becomes trapped.
Natural Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Lemon Juice and Honey
Lemon juice is good in citric acid and it has antiseptic properties. It is one of the best home remedies for oily skin because it is rich in vitamin C.
Honey has antibacterial properties and is good to return the moisture of fairness in the skin.
How to apply lemon juice with honey:
Applying lemon juice and honey is easy all we need is to mix lemon juice and honey then apply it to the a face and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash your face with warm water and touch it gently with a dry face towel.
Tomatoes also healthy because it can lessen your weight through its juice. Tomatoes juice can diminish body fat and waist circumference and it has a small amount of cholesterol level.
Tomatoes can also benefits our skin and hair health. Because it contains a very important ingredient in beauty treatments. Like it can help to minimize pores, treat acne, soothe sunburn, and refresh dull skin.
How to apply tomatoes:
Tomatoes can be applied by cutting it into pieces and rub it in your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and clean it with cold water. Gently touch it with a face towel to make it dry.
Apples have gentle properties of antiseptic, astringent, and soothing. Apple is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and copper. Apple has many benefits to our skin because it has nutrients and vitamin C to bring back the collagen of skin cell. Apples have the ability to absorb the extra amount of oil in the skin and can also be our skin moisturizer and can be our skin brightener because of the lactic acid content it has.
How to apply apple:
Crush a small part of an apple then rub it to the face after 15 minutes wash it with warm water. Gently pat it dry with a face towel.
Cucumber is also beneficial to oily skin. It has properties for cooling, astringent, and soothing. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium. Cucumber is helpful in our skin and affordable also. It helps to minimize a large amount of oil in the skin without drying it out completely.
Cucumber contains 90% water, and it is beneficial to our skin for us not to dehydrate and give moisturize to the skin without making it oily. It has vitamin C to keep and sustain the oil balance of the skin and take away sebum dirt and dead skin cell from the skin surface.
How to apply cucumber:
Apply cucumber in all area of the face through its small cut pieces and rub gently. Let it leave in 1 hour or overnight to make it more effective. Wash it with warm water.
The egg is beneficial to our skin but egg white can be more effective to oily skin because it is rich in vitamin A, proteins, and amino acid. It helps to tighten oily skin. Egg white has the power to boost the elasticity of the skin and gives a young looking image.
Egg white can create the skin so much dry, so it is better to use a light oil-free moisturizer after using egg white as part of your home remedies routine.
How to apply egg white:
Apply a little amount of egg white to the face until it turns into a face mask. Let it remain for 10 minutes and clean it with warm water and gently pat it dry with a face towel.
Milk is beneficial to our body and it is good for oily skin, it can soften the skin. Milk has alpha hydroxy acids content that has the power to exfoliate the skin and retain skin natural look. Milk can also lessen a large amount of the oil in the skin.
How to apply milk:
Put a little amount of milk to the face with the use of cotton balls. Rub it for little minutes so that it will more effective. It is advisable also if you apply it before going to sleep and until morning. Wash your face with warm water in the morning to feel the softness of your skin.