Exfoliation is good and very important for our skin it helps to improve the balance and the production of the skin cell. When we exfoliate it helps our skin to become smooth and healthy. Exfoliation has many benefits to our skin’s texture and appearance than using soap and water alone.
Table of Contents
- What is exfoliation?
- The Importance of exfoliation
- Two types of exfoliation
- Benefits of exfoliation
- Ways to exfoliate
- Natural remedies of exfoliation
- Best ways to exfoliate
What is exfoliation?
Exfoliation is taking away all the dead skin cell. Exfoliation is the renewal of the skin from its roughness and it is good for the face and for the whole body to exfoliate. It is also better for the whole body to exfoliate because it helps our body to become healthy and smooth. Exfoliation is also great for blood circulation and it helps the skin to stay healthy and glowing skin.
Cleansing and exfoliating are different but they all needed to minimize pores, lines, and wrinkles. Cleaning or washing our face is our daily routine to lessen the dirt in our face but we need also to exfoliate to remove all superficial layers of dead skin.
The Importance of Exfoliation
- Exfoliation helps to enhance the skin cell.
- It minimizes the dullness and dryness of the skin
- Exfoliation can prevent the skin from clogging and reduce the number of wrinkles.
- Exfoliation helps to expose the glowy of the skin.
- Exfoliation can prevent dehydration of the skin.
- Exfoliation can clean the skin in all area in the deepest way
- Exfoliation can protect the skin from so much damage
Two Types of Exfoliation
Mechanical exfoliation is a procedure done by physical scrubbing. It is used with a facial scrub with microfiber cloths, adhesive,micro-bead facial scrub, sugar or salt.
The ingredients of mechanical exfoliation that is used are granular substances, gritty, suspended in a cream, lotion, gel, that manually scrubs. Granules contain oatmeal, polyethylene beads, salt, calcium carbonate, dimethicone polymers or tiny crystal particles are used for exfoliation.
Microdermabrasion is also mechanical exfoliation, which licensed professional are basically scrub your skin. This is ideal for those with scars, wrinkles, and stretch marks.
Chemical exfoliation cleans the skin into the deepest area of it. It provides a healthy skin with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that help to exfoliate and beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that clean all the extra dirt and impurities.
Chemical exfoliation penetrates the top layer of the skin to take away all dead surface of the skin cell. There are three types of chemical exfoliation
- The leave on a gel. These exfoliate the skin through alpha hydroxy acid which consists glycolic and multi fruits acid.
- The lower eye exfoliant. It is used to target some dark spot on the eyes. It is designed under the skin eyes.
- The 15 minutes purge mask. The facial mask Kerafole reveals fresh, radiant skin, that contains citric and malic acids.
Peels are chemical exfoliation that is great to lighten the skin.
Benefits of Exfoliation
- It nourishes your skin cell and make it new again
- It penetrates the other skin care product to cleanse the deep layer of the skin
- It improves the texture of your skin
- It brightens the complexion of the skin
- It detoxifies the skin
- It reduces breakouts
- It remove red spots and dark spots
- It improves the skin appearance
Ways to Exfoliate
- Exfoliation can be used twice a week to remove all dead skin cell. It is not possible to use it every day because it will damage your skin. It is better to use if you want your skin to look good and to have a smooth skin.
- Exfoliate your skin with the mild cleanser that does not irritate your skin especially for sensitive skin. A mild cleanser is effective for those who have sensitive skin.
- Exfoliate your skin using a scrub (body scrub) that contains pits, sugar, salt or another natural exfoliating substance. It eliminates all dead skin that our skin have especially those impurities of our skin.
- Exfoliate your skin using a glycolic mask with the mild acid that contains alpha-hydroxy acid and beta-hydroxy acid. Using these ingredients can actually use to our skin and very effective.
- Exfoliate your oily skin with gentle facial scrub and acid pads to remove excess oil on your skin. It is better to use this kind of facial scrub because our oily skin will minimize the amount of oil that will come along.
- Apply moisturizer after exfoliation and apply sunscreen moisturizer. These methods or procedure is surely effective and helpful for us to have a beautiful and stunning skin.
Natural Remedies of Exfoliation
Honey. Honey has a humectant qualities which supply moisture to the skin. It is great as a hydrating facial scrub.
How to use honey and baking soda as a mask and scrub for exfoliation:
- Mix honey and baking soda. Apply the mixture honey and baking soda to the face.
- Massage the mixture honey and baking soda to the face
- Leave at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Wash you face with warm water after you scrub
Sugar. Sugar has a source of glycolic acid with alpha hydroxy that can help the skin cell production to have a very smooth and soft skin. Sugar can also help the skin to penetrate deeply and hydrate longer. It takes away all the dirt and excess oil of the skin.
How to use a sugar scrub and olive oil for exfoliation:
- First mix sugar with olive oil
- Apply it to the face and rinse it well
- Then scrub it gently to all areas of the face
- Wash it with warm water and pat it dry with your soft towel
Papaya. Papaya contains enzyme papain, which removes all dead skin cell. It also contains vitamin A with antioxidant the minimize fine lines. It has many benefits that our skin and body needs.
How to use papaya scrub:
- Remove the seeds of papaya fruit.
- Gently rub papaya until it became paste
- Apply papaya mask to your face and scrub gently in all areas of the skin.
- Leave it for only five to ten minutes
- Wash it with warm water to feel the gentle smooth skin
Lemon Juice. Lemon juice contains alpha hydroxy acid that also helps to take away all the dead skin cell. It also helps to exfoliate the skin because it contains vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that removes the dark spot. Lemon juice also good for the body it helps to aids in digestion and detoxification. It produces collagen that is good to the skin to become smooth and minimize fine lines.
How to use lemon juice with sugar to face scrub:
- Mix lemon juice and sugar after that
- Scrub it gently to the face with circular motions
- Leave it at least 15 minutes
- Rinse it with cold water and pat it dry
Coconut oil. Coconut oil is great exfoliation, it nourishes and energizes skin cell. It can encourage your body healing and repair your skin shed that is rough, dull and uneven.
How to use coconut oil for facial exfoliation:
- Use warm water to a face towel cloth to become it wet
- Put the wet face towel to your face to open the pores
- Apply coconut oil to your face using your wet face towel.
- Gently rub your face using coconut oil and rinse it mildly
- Wash it and pat it dry
- Coconut oil can also act as your facial moisturizer
Oatmeal. Oatmeal is for sensitive skin if it is used to exfoliate. It contains anti-inflammatory, vitamins, mineral and lipids. It provides moisture to the skin condition. It helps to rejuvenate and soothe dry and itchy skin.
How to use oatmeal for exfoliation:
- Mix oatmeal with a little bit of warm water, wait until it becomes soft
- Gently scrub oatmeal and massage it into your face
- Leave it until 15 minutes
- Rinse it with warm water and after that wash it again with cold water to close the pores.
Baking Soda. Baking soda is one of the easy way and inexpensive natural way for exfoliation. Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, a natural substance, and alkaline substance. The alkaline substance has antibacterial, anti fungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Baking soda is more effective if you used it for a short period of time because over used it will damage the skin.
How to use baking soda for exfoliation:
- Use a little amount of baking soda with a drop of water
- Mix baking soda, water, and your favorite essential oil if ever you want it with some oil
- Apply it to the face with circular motion in all area except to the eye area
- Gently exfoliate it to 3 minutes
- Oily skin can use baking soda and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes
- Dryer skin can use baking soda with the mix of coconut oil and leave it 5 minutes. They can use it once a week
- Wash the skin with warm water
- Pat it dry with clean towel
Avocado. Avocado has effective ingredients that smooth and moisturizes dry skin. Avocado is rich in vitamin A, minerals, and lecithin that help to restore the skin to become healthy again. Avocado has many benefits and it is useful not only for the skin but also for our body.
Cacao. Cacao has antioxidant that is very effective for anti aging.
How to use avocado and cacao for exfoliation:
- Clean your face before applying any natural products.
- Mask avocado together with cacao powder and add one tablespoon of honey
- Blend it and put it to the face then gently massage it into the face
- Leave it at least 20 minutes
- Wash it with warm water and pat it dry
Best way to exfoliate
Exfoliation is used for the skin to remove the barrier of the dead skin. But the best way to exfoliate is to depend on what types of skin and what kind of skin do we have.
According to dermatologist exfoliation can also damage our skin if we don’t use it in the right way. Some people don’t know where or when to exfoliate that’s why their skin will fall in from clogging, redness, and irritation.
Manual exfoliation can be used with smooth, round granules rather than jagged, rough things to avoid your skin to become injured and to worsen skin condition.
Regular exfoliation can help the skin to become healthy and shining skin. It keeps the skin looking fresh.