Many people look moisturizer for their skin problem one of them is having an acne prone skin. Acne skin sometimes grows for teenagers, especially for the young adult.
Having an acne skin makes our self-feel uncomfortable especially when it comes to our face. We usually find the best treatment and procedure for acne skin. Use all moisturizer that would help for acne skin.
There’s a lot of treatment that we can use on getting rid of acne but the best way is to go to a dermatologist.
Table of Contents
What is Acne?
Acne skin is a disorder that clogs the oil glands of the skin. Acne begins or starts when the oil mixes with a dead cell.
It is the glands that produce oil liquid called sebum or a dead cell. Acne is a hidden condition that generates your current or your existing pimple from future pimples.
Having an acne is a long term of medication and can last anywhere from few years in your teen’s life. It’s a constant situation that exists on your skin and underneath its surface.
Acne can come and go in your past and present time in your life, but if you are acne-prone you should always be concerned with taking care of your skin.
Here are Some Ways How to get Rid Our Skin from Acne
- Wash your face twice a day or most often. Cleaning your face from makeup and washing it regularly will help your skin wash away all the oil and bacteria that developed in your skin.
- Do not let your skin over exposed to the sunlight. Always use sunscreen every day so that it will help your skin from acne. It also helps your skin from Ultraviolet Radiation and that may produce premature aging.
- Eat healthy food with the right diet and exercise regularly. Eating healthy foods will be a big help to our skin and body. Proper diet and proper exercise will reduce the number of existing acne to the skin.
- Having enough sleep. Sleeping at least eight hours a day help to relax your body. It helps to restore the skin cell properly. If we have enough sleep our body can relax much better and it minimizes stress because stress can worsen acne skin. Stress can not only affects acne, it affect all kind of skin condition to worsen. Getting enough sleep is essential to the health. It regulates our biological mechanisms normal and the all skin condition will healthy. Our acne skin can lessen if we have proper enough sleep.
- Do not use different moisturizer. Using many moisturizer products will cause acne skin. It will not help us to have healthy skin and will not help us to maintain our skin smooth and soft but it will cause damage our skin.
- Don’t eat too many nuts. Eating too many nuts will build more skin elasticity and may cause skin cancer. It also worsens your acne. Nuts have a high protein and fat content that is hard to digest. If this nut is difficult to digest, the immune system may generate antibodies that inflame sebaceous glands and can form into a pimple.
- Use retinol. Using retinol will help skin cell turnover and it may also boost more collagen production. Retinol can diminish acne outbreaks and prevent a dead cell from clogging.
What is RETINOL?
Retinol creates of retinoid, it is well known as Vitamin A, frequently used to give skin a healthy smooth texture and diminishing hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
Retinol helps to restore the production of new skin cell. Renew the skin and treat acne skin it also minimizes fine lines and skin discoloration.
- Exfoliate skin. Using exfoliation is needed to all types of skin because it helps to take away all oldest dead skin cell. Using facial scrub will cleanse the skin deeply and increase blood flow of the face regularly.
Better use an exfoliating mask if you have moderate to severe acne, it helps remove dead skin cell and purge pore.
However, you can use a hydrating moisturizer after exfoliating so that the skin will become more smooth and glowing skin.
- Do not touch your face when you have acne. When we have acne we usually pop pimples on our face and it’s not good because squeezing pimples may actually let our acne bacteria deeper into the pore. Popping pimples can grow more pimples and the chance of leaving a damage and permanent scars on the areas.
What is Exfoliation?
Exfoliation is a series of activities that can remove dead skin cells and revive your skin to become fresh. Also, the result of your skin becomes smoother and more radiant.
Exfoliation can enhance and improve the skin to clear the pores and dirt. It rejuvenates the skin and can take away all flakes that appear to the skin. It helps dry skin to be smooth and soft.
- Always drink lots of water. Drink at least eight glass of water every day will help your body to detoxify and will cleanse the skin. Drinking water is the best way that we do in our everyday life.
- It’s better to use benzoyl peroxide product. It removes dead skin and helps skin to renew again. Benzoyl peroxide product is less irritating and it helps to clean the skin cell quickly.
- Use a toner after cleansing. Washing our face is our main goal before we go to sleep or after sleeping, but applying toner after washing it is essential because toner works to tighten pores and clean the skin deeply.
- Using moisturizer. Applying moisturizer is one of the best to help improve the skin from acne.
Cause of Acne Skin
- The cause of acne can leave any mark on the skin. Especially to a young adult, it leads their pores and acne become more scarring it is like when the skin is inflamed, swollen, reddish and painful.
- Hormonal change. It is more on women like pregnant women, menstruation and also hormonal change is like using oral contraceptives can affect sebum production. It minimizes the amount of androgen that circulates in the blood and can cause acne.
- Lack of sleep. Not having enough sleep can worsen acne it also causes some various consequences like daytime fatigue, decreases vigilance, obesity, hypertension and potentially acne.
- Having too much stress. Stress can also develop more acne skin. Having too much stress can grow the volume of your acne and make it worse.
- Genetics history. Acne can inherit through family history. If both sides of your parents had acne you also get it to them.
- Eating unhealthy food. Eating unhealthy food can cause acne. Eating more cholesterol food may affect our body and produce more pimples to pop up overnight. This kind of pimples can deeper the acne in the skin.
- Smoking also not good to our body and skin. It may trigger the acne in the skin and can increase the higher volume of acne.
- The sun exposure can worsen the acne in your skin especially when you still treat acne. The sun’s ultraviolet ray can damage the surface of the skin that can cause sunburn, free radical and can destroy cellular DNA, that causes unreasonable aging and skin cancer.
How to Prevent Acne
- Daily cleansing, exfoliating and hydration are the thing we must do regularly to prevent our skin from acne.
- Acne can also prevent if we treat them carefully before it produces more pimples.
- Acne can also be treated by doctors or dermatologist who work for skin problems. Acne treatments can heal pimples, it also stops new pimples from forming, and help minimize of having more acne.
- Use only light moisturizer which does not make acne worse. Moisturizer with lighter ingredients can help the skin not irritated and can prevent acne to worsen.
- Hormone therapy may be helpful and useful for some women with acne. Women who have a sign and symptoms like irregular periods and thinning hair, or women who use birth controls pills, can use hormone therapy because it is a low dose estrogen and progesterone and androgen medication.
- A dermatologist usually doesn’t need to treat the patient with mild acne, because mild acne can be done by proper products and proper procedure prescribed by doctors. Dermatologist treated patient with a severe case. There is three medical procedure they use for those people who have severe acne prone like:
- If we have acne we can also prevent it by using a product with the ingredients like antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, and retinoids.
Antibiotics can apply to the skin or taken orally. Antibiotics are more effective and helpful when combined with benzoyl peroxide and retinoids.
Benzoyl peroxide is available over the counter product and by prescription. It targets surface bacteria which often more serious acne. Irritation is a common side effect.
Retinoids can treat blackheads and whiteheads, the first sign of acne. The negative side effect of this product is also irritation.
Tips on How to Reduce Acne for the Foods we Eat
A healthy diet and proper food that we take can affect acne and mostly can give us a healthy body. It can reduce acne to the skin if we know the right diet food that we take and know what is not good for acne skin. If you try to change your eating habits and can have time to try this tips you will see the difference before and after. It can improve your skin appearance and help your acne to minimize.
Food that you must take:
- Probiotics. Probiotics foods can found to lessen inflammation in the gut that can support to reduce acne. Probiotics foods are yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, dark chocolate, micro algae, miso soup, pickles, tempeh, kimchi, and kombucha tea. Probiotics contribute advantage of the skin disorder and it benefits our body. It performs a role in the skin health, like restoring atopic dermatitis, promoting the healing of scars and burns, rejuvenating the skin and make the skin immunity more stronger.
Probiotics are not only good for acne skin but it also helps another skin type, like a wrinkle. It prevents wrinkle and can help remove all the toxins and free radicals that can damage skin. It helps to save the skin from sun damage. Also, the skin barrier helps to become stronger. Probiotics also help skin to keep moisture. Probiotic can improve and prevent rosacea.
- Fruits and vegetables. Eating more fruits and vegetables can help clear up acne. Food that contains beta -carotene can reduce skin oil and anti inflammatory. Dark, leafy green vegetables help clear impurities from the skin. Dark colored berries that contain phytonutrients is good for the skin beta carotene gives plants their vibrant skin pigment, including yellow, orange, and green fruits and vegetables. Carrots, leafy greens, sweet potatoes, squash, cantaloupe, broccoli, bell peppers, and apricot are all good choices. Beta carotene can treat acne and prevent pimples. Beta carotene is a nutrient that has the skills to treat acne and slow down skin aging. Beta carotene is vitamin A carotenoid, it has antioxidant that can regulate oxidation, protecting the body from free radical that damage cells. Beta carotene increase skin health, treat acne, prevent premature skin aging, treats acne, repairs sun damage and beneficial in scar treatment.
- Oyster. Oyster has the mineral zinc that can minimize the effect of acne. Eat oyster, toasted wheat germ, veal liver, roast beef, roast pumpkin and squash seed, and dried watermelon is good for the skin. Oyster is also a good source of mineral which is challenging to get enough of magnesium. Zinc, selenium, and magnesium are all ingredients of glutathione. Oyster is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids. Oyster can totally clean up acne and other healthy foods for skin. Oyster keep skin wrinkle free.
Oyster fight free radicals
Oyster banish acne
Oyster help you lose weight
- Green tea. Green tea contains antioxidant that can protect us from so much stress due to our environmental puberty. Green tea is the healthiest beverage that can improve brain function, fats loss, less risk of cancer. Green tea has a few minerals that are important for the health. It improves physical presentation and increases fat burning supplement. Green tea has cool potential benefits for the skin. Drinking green tea can help the skin produce less sebum, minimize your inflammation levels, and boost the immune system.
- Fish oil. Fish contains omega 3 acids. Fish oil is a good for the heart and health, especially to the skin. It reduces acne and wrinkles. Fish like salmon, trout, sardines, and tuna are also good to improve heart health. Omega 3 fatty acid found also in fish and protect skin against sun damage. Fatty acids in fish oil provide hydration to the skin and help inflammation. Fish oil can reduce acne and also provide s strength and shine to fragile or weakened hair. Fish oil that we take orally to the body can extract omega 3 to achieve healthy and beautiful skin.